In this week’s share you will find:
And here’s an interesting looking Beet/Kohlrabi slaw recipe that calls for many of the ingredients you’ll be getting:
BEET AND KOHLRABI SLAW WITH APPLES
- 3 medium kohlrabi – peeled and finely shredded or chopped into matchsticks
- 2 medium raw beets – peeled an finely shredded or chopped into matchsticks
- 1 apple – cored and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tbsp parsley – minced
- 2 tbsp chives – chopped
- 1 orange – juiced
- 1 orange – zested
- 1 lime – juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt + pepper – to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- Feta Cheese (optional)
- Gather the ingredients and peel your vegetables- starting with the kohlrabi first followed by the beets. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the orange zest and juice, fresh lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the grated kohlrabi and beets.
- Chop the apple into small matchsticks and add to the same bowl as the beets. Toss to combine.
- Add the chopped chives, parsley, sunflower seeds, and feta (if using) and gently mix to combine.