The heat has arrived. Which means the tomatoes will be here soon too. I wish I had enough to share with you all at this point, but just trust me. Once they start you’ll be drowning in them!
In this week’s share you can expect:
- Green beans
The recipe we’re sharing this week is for a dressing that one of our CSA members, Alix Smith, has fallen in love with- https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1020127-anchovy-garlic-dressing You can use our garlic for the dressing, then put it on a salad with the cucumbers and cabbage, as a marinade for grilling the carrots and onion, or a sauce over steamed zucchini and green beans.
If others have favorite recipes you’d like to share, please send them to us and we’ll get them out to the group!
Anchovy Garlic Dressing Ingredients
- 4 lemons, juiced and strained
- 20 oil-packed anchovy fillets (from one 3.5-ounce jar), drained and minced
- 9 fresh, sticky, assertive garlic cloves, finely grated using a Microplane
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more if desired
- 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place lemon juice, anchovies, garlic, kosher salt and red-pepper flakes in a medium bowl.
- Stir (don’t whisk) in the olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and several good grinds on the pepper mill for a bright, bracing dressing. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.