In this week’s share you’ll get:
A good friend of ours came up with this delicious Japanese-inspired cole slaw recipe that Lauren wrote down at one point but has endlessly modified over the years. It used to be up on her blog which I can’t find right now, but here you have instructions for Lauren’s version of Lindsay Tamm’s delicious cabbage creation:
- 6 cups thinly slices cabbage (green or red)
- 1/3 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1-2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tsp mirin or sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2-3 tbsp mayonnaise or tahini
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dry sake (optional)
- dash of hot sauce (optional)
- Combine the cabbage, onion, and cilantro in a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients together. Then pour over cabbage mixture and toss.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and enjoy!