We’re excited to have watermelons in the share this week. Summer is truly here! We’re still learning when is the best time to pick them. After getting a few pale pink ones along the way, I decided to just put 1/2 melons in each share so I can be sure you’re each getting one that’s ready and delicious. Bare with us. And enjoy!
If you’re picking your share up at the farm today, the construction is still underway so you may need to take an alternate route to avoid SE 242nd just south of our house.
In your share this week, you can expect:
- 1/2 watermelon
- Salad mix
- Basil (mix of multiple varieties)
- Green pepper
- Pok choi
- Yellow wax beans
Ingredients for Refreshing Watermelon Salad with Basil
- 3 lbs watermelon
- 8 oz FETA cheese crumbled
- 3/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lime juice
- Salt to taste I added about 1 ½ teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Chop watermelon into 1″ cubes
- Combine watermelon with feta and basil in a salad bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in small bowl, then drizzle over watermelon and other ingredients
- Serve chilled
View the original recipe from Curry Trail here: https://www.currytrail.in/watermelon-feta-salad/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest&utm_campaign=tailwind_tribes&utm_content=tribes&utm_term=418164374_14129942_109283