The diversity and bounty of overflowing summer shares is in full swing. This week you can expect:
- Green Pepper
- Bok Choy
By now you’re probably all ready for a zucchini dessert recipe. This one comes from our CSA member Carol. We’ve been lucky enough to enjoy this moist and delicious recipe as cake or cupcakes on a regular basis over the past few years, and can attest it is the BEST we’ve ever had.
Chocolate Zucchini Bunt Cake Ingredients
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- ¾ cup powdered cocoa
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs (or ¾ cup soy milk)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare 9 inch bunt pan or 16 muffin/cup cake tins.
- Shred zucchini and set aside.
- In large bowl: combine cocoa, flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In small bowl: combine eggs (soymilk), oil, vanilla
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and beat vigorously until well blended. Mixture will be stiff.
- Stir in zucchini until blended.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes.