In this week’s share you can expect:
- Delicata Squash
- Purple cabbage
It’s chilly. The rains are back. Soup season has arrived. We made this tomato soup recipe last night, served with grilled cheese sandwiches and salad. Hope you enjoy it too!
Tomato Soup Ingredients
- 4 lbs vine ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups broth
- 2 handfuls basil, torn
- salt and pepper to taste
- heavy cream (optional)
- In a large saucepan, melt a little butter or olive oil then saute the onion over medium/low until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth, wine, and garlic. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer covered for ~20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add basil. Then blend until creamy with an immersion blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Top each bowl with a dash of cream (optional) and a little fresh basil